With celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Kylie Jenner sporting the perfect pout, it is easy to become insecure with lips that lack volume and fullness. If you meet the following criteria, lip filler can achieve the results you’re looking for:
- Your lips are thin and you desire fuller lips. If you’re unhappy with your thin lips and desire a fuller pout, lip augmentation using fillers can enhance volume while staying true to the shape you’ve been given, creating a natural, fuller look.
- You have wrinkles around the mouth. Vertical wrinkles that appear over the upper lip, also known as perioral lines, are due to collagen loss. Lip filler injections not only bring volume back to your lips, but can also smooth out these fine lines and wrinkles.
- Your lips aren’t symmetrical. Some people are born with uneven lips, but asymmetry is also common as we age. Collagen is lost unevenly throughout the lips, and many people complain of a “shrinking” upper lip as they enter middle age. Lip injections can correct this asymmetry and restore balance and harmony to the lips.
Who is not a candidate for lip filler?
It’s always best to schedule an in-person consultation to determine if you’re a candidate for lip filler. However, there are a few circumstances in which lip filler might not be the best option:
- You’re a smoker. Consuming nicotine in any form affects your body’s ability to clot blood. This can jeopardize the smoothness of the lips after being injected with filler, negatively affecting your overall result.
- You have diabetes. Diabetes can prolong or complicate the healing process of the lips following the procedure for some patients.
- You have lupus or other autoimmune diseases. Certain kinds of fillers may cause flare-ups of autoimmune diseases like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
- You have blood-clotting issues. Blood-clotting issues can affect how even and natural your final results are. Because patient satisfaction is the first priority, we may recommend avoiding fillers when there’s a history of blood-clotting issues.
- You have cold sores (oral herpes). Cold sores may negatively affect the results of your lip filler treatment.
Our team of expert injectors will evaluate each patient individually to determine whether lip filler is a safe and effective treatment option for them.
What to expect during a lip filler treatment
We offer the option of a topical anesthetic to numb the lips before lip injections. Once the lips are numb, we will carefully inject the filler into the appropriate parts of the lips, depending on the desired look you want to achieve. Immediately following the procedure, you’ll notice results and can return to normal activities. If some swelling or bruising do occur, they typically resolve within days.
One of the advantages of lip fillers over surgical procedures, such as a lip lift, is the ability to change your desired results. You can always choose to add more filler if you want to achieve more fullness after your initial treatment. If you decide you want to return to your natural lips, the lip fillers will dissolve over time. Lip fillers dissolve over the course of 6-12 months, depending on the filler used. We can also inject an enzyme into the lips to dissolve the filler much faster if you are unhappy with your results.
Easily enhance your smile with lip filler in Charlotte, NC
You want to be sure the medical professional you choose to inject any type of facial filler is highly experienced with a track record of beautiful results. I’m a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon at Carolina Facial Plastics in Charlotte, NC, and my team of board-certified physician assistants, Heather Bryant, MPAS, PA-C, Amanda Piligian, PA-C, and board-certified nurse practitioner, Courtney Whitley, FNP-C, are experts in creating lips that patients love through the use of lip filler.
If you’re looking for lip filler treatment in Charlotte, NC, our team at Carolina Facial Plastics has injected thousands of patients and strives to provide the most comfortable care—coining the “needleless filler technique”. Our injectors utilize what’s called a blunt-tipped micro-cannula for injecting fillers that is more comfortable and minimizes swelling and bruising after the procedure.
The number one priority for our injectors is patient satisfaction with the results. This is why we prefer to inject lip filler slowly for first-time patients, over the course of two sessions. The highest quality fillers produce the most natural, smooth results. The most common fillers used at Carolina Facial Plastics for lips injections are Restylane Kysse®, Juvederm Volbella®, and Restylane Silk®.
To schedule a consultation for lip filler treatment at Carolina Facial Plastics in Charlotte, NC, call (702) 842-3644 or book online.
Next, discover why lip augmentation is such a popular procedure here.