The most beautiful features of the face are the eyes, smile and skin. A beautiful or handsome nose blends with the surrounding facial features. In situations where the nose is not in balance with the surrounding facial features, the nose can often draw attention. This is the most common reason why patients seek a nonsurgical rhinoplasty in Charlotte.
What is a Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty?
A nonsurgical rhinoplasty is an in-office procedure where injectable fillers are placed in the nose to change its shape. Injectable fillers have been successfully and safely used for facial augmentation and enhancement for many years. Facial injectables do not change the underlying bone or cartilage shape of the nose. By adding volume to the nose, Dr. Jonathan Kulbersh can enhance the nose to create a shape that blends with the surrounding facial features.
What are Common Reasons for a Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty?
There are many reasons why patients will seek a nonsurgical rhinoplasty. The most common reasons behind patients visiting the offices of Carolina Facial Plastics in Charlotte for the procedure, include:
- Nasal Bump – Patients that have a nasal hump or bump are excellent candidates for nonsurgical rhinoplasty. Fillers can be added above and below the nasal hump to camouflage it. It can change a masculine or harsh nose into a softer and more feminine nose.
- Improved Bridge Definition – African-American and Asian noses typically have wider and flatter nasal bridges and dorsums. If this nasal shape is present, it can limit the definition along the nasal bridge. The nasal bridge can be effectively raised and defined.
- Crooked Nose – There are many causes of a crooked nose. One common cause is a depression in the nose. This can create an illusion of asymmetry and crookedness. By simply filling this depression, it can significantly straighten a crooked nose.
- Correcting Asymmetries – The nose is inherently asymmetric when comparing the right and left sides. This can be exacerbated in some patients after a previous rhinoplasty surgery. These asymmetries can commonly be improved.
- Improving Tip Definition – In patients that have wide broad tips, the addition of filler to the nasal tip can subtly improve the shape and projection of the nasal tip.
What are the Steps in a Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty?
A procedure typically takes between 10 and 15 minutes. Before the procedure, numbing cream will be applied to the nasal area. After numbing, injectable filler will be placed in the nose. Two weeks after, Dr. Kulbersh will have the patient return to the office for an evaluation. At that time, he will inspect the nose to ensure the best result. If any improvement is possible, additional filler will be placed.
Is a Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty Painful?
A nonsurgical rhinoplasty is well-tolerated and has minimal discomfort to patients. The use of numbing gel significantly limits any pain during the procedure.
How Long Does a Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty Last?
The results are long-lasting. The filler in the nose will typically last one year. Most commonly, patients will repeat the process on an annual basis.
Can Patients Still Have a Surgical Rhinoplasty after a Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty?
Patients commonly undergo a surgical rhinoplasty after a nonsurgical rhinoplasty. Before undergoing a rhinoplasty, it is important to ensure that any filler placed in the nose is no longer present. In situations where patients had a hyaluronic acid filler placed, it can be dissolved in the weeks leading up to a rhinoplasty surgery. The common hyaluronic acid fillers are Restylane and Juvéderm. For these reasons, we strongly suggest that patients only inject these types of fillers into the nose. Radiesse can be used, but it cannot be dissolved. Because of this feature, Dr. Kulbersh prefers to not use Radiesse.
What is the Recovery or Downtime Afterward?
There is little recovery or downtime after nonsurgical rhinoplasty. After the procedure, the patient should expect swelling in the nose for a few days. Anytime a patient has an injection, there is always risk for a bruise. Patients should restrict physical activity and wearing glasses for one day afterward.
How Can I Learn More About a Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty in Charlotte?
Dr. Jonathan Kulbersh is both an expert in facial injectables and rhinoplasty. He is a double board-certified and fellowship trained facial plastic surgeon with an office in the South Park area of Charlotte, North Carolina. If you would like to learn more about a nonsurgical rhinoplasty, please consider a consultation at our office. A consultation can be requested by calling us at (704) 842-3644 or contact us with the online request form.