It is all about your lips. Here at Carolina Facial Plastics in Charlotte we believe that the lips are one of the most important features of your face. One of the most common questions I receive about undergoing a lip augmentation procedure is how often does it need to be repeated? The simplest answer to this question is that lip injections should be repeated every six to nine months after the initial procedure in order to retain maximum results. During this blog post I will go into more depth about why these repeated injections are necessary as well as answering some other common lip augmentation questions that patients ask.
What are the benefits of lip augmentation?
Lip augmentation has the ability to turn small thin lips into the type of full luscious lips that can be seen on red carpets around the world. With the rise in celebrity lip augmentation many people across the U.S. became enamored with having the plumpest lips possible. This sudden upswing in the popularity of lip augmentations led to some disastrous results that can be seen in any Hollywood tabloid where lips looked extremely swollen and pushed to their breaking point.
I believe in a more natural approach to lip augmentations and always strive to give my patients beautiful results that compliment the rest of your facial features. With the popularity of lip augmentations on the rise there have also been many advancements in the procedure over the last few years.
It is no longer necessary for patients to come into the office every month for injections in order to achieve truly stunning results. There are a wide variety of dermal fillers that can be injected into lips to give them a fuller more voluptuous appearance. The most common types of dermal fillers used today are hyaluronic acid fillers.
What types of dermal fillers do you offer?
Here at Carolina Facial Plastics the most common facial fillers that we use are
The first three fillers listed Juvéderm, Restalyne and Perlane are all options when thinking about a lip augmentation. The other two fillers listed, Sulptra and Radiesse are commonly used to combat aging in other areas of the face. Depending on your specific goals and problem areas I will choose the right filler that will offer the best results for each patient.
What are the benefits in using dermal fillers for lip augmentation?
There are actually many benefits of using one of the facial fillers offered at Carolina Facial Plastics versus other lip augmentation procedures. Some of the benefits include
- Control over volume of the lips- when using on of the fillers offered at Carolina Facial Plastics it is very easy for me to control the precise amount of filler used. This makes it much easier for me to tailor each lip augmentation procedure to the individual patient instead of a one size fits all solution.
- Gradual pace of filler insertion- Due to the nature of our dermal fillers it is extremely easy for me to insert the filler precisely in order to achieve maximum results.
- Bumps will dissolve easily- With some other lip augmentation procedures small bumps may remain present in the lips long after the procedure has been completed. With our dermal fillers this is not a problem, the filler fits the natural shape of your lip, which results in a smooth and natural look.
- Minimal bruising- our dermal fillers are easy on your lips and cause minimal bruising. This provides patients with an instantly natural looking procedure with minimal healing time.
- Reasonably long lasting results- our fillers last anywhere from six to nine months and give patients beautiful voluptuous lips all through out this time.
- Very low risk of allergic reaction- since hyaluronic fillers are made from substances that are extremely similar to those found in your body there is a low risk of them causing an allergic reaction when used.
When will I see results from dermal fillers?
When using Juvéderm, Restalyne or Perlane results will be noticeable immediately. Patients will notice that their lips look much more full right after the procedure is finished.
What is the cost of each of these fillers?
The cost of a lip augmentation procedure varies widely depending on what filler is used, the amount of filler used, and the results that the patient wishes to achieve when undergoing a lip augmentation in Charlotte.
Who is a good candidate for lip augmentation?
Any patient who is in good health and has a realistic outlook and expectations involving their lip augmentation is a good candidate for the procedure. If you are interested in fuller, plumper lips than a lip augmentation procedure may be right for you.
What are the most common side effects?
Side effects from hyaluronic acid fillers are temporary and in most cases only last a few days after the procedure has been completed. Some of these side effects may include
- Bleeding from the site of the injection
- Bruising and possible swelling
- Sensitivity or soreness at the injection site
When undergoing a lip augmentation procedure it is important that you choose a qualified and experienced doctor for the procedure.
How Do I Make a Consultation for to Discuss Lip Augmentation Options?
If you would like more information regarding a lip augmentation in Charlotte, please call (704) 842-3644 or fill out the online contact form to schedule a consultation with facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Jonathan Kulbersh.